Sunday, August 17, 2008

The Romanov Prophecy


Recently I finished Steve Berry's Romanov Prophecy. It is fantastic. It is full of good history with excellent fiction woven within it.

I've been to Russia twice and knew or at least knew of many of the places mentioned in the book. Stalin's metro stations, the train ride from Moscow to St. Petersburg, Red Square, the Kremlin, St. Basil's Cathedral, Lenin's tomb, the onion domes of the Russian Orthodox Churches, the Alexander Palace and Catherine Palace in Tsarskoe Selo - all fond memories of two remarkable trips. I think it's time to get out my photos and journals and relive them without the pressure of Berry's characters rushing me forward through an excellent book...

So if you're a fan of Russian history, the Romanovs, great historic fiction, or fast-paced thrills, you will love The Romanov Prophecy!
AND Berry lives on the Georgia coast...

No comments: