Thursday, May 29, 2008

Lord, Give Me Grace

Having never retired before, I'm new at this. I've been doing the happy dance now for over a year and I've no doubt driven the poor souls around me quite mad. I've counted months, days, hours, and even a minute here and there and now the time has come.

For some reason, today was different. I was throwing away 32 years worth of notes, letters, cards, pictures, computer files - weeding out all but the very priceless - as my house cannot handle 32 years worth of sentimental work stuff. Maybe I was seeing too much going into the trash. Maybe I was having too many memories flooding in at one time. Maybe the old hormones were in assault mode. Whatever the cause, I was not pleasant.

Is there a retirement version of Bridezilla - perhaps a Retirezilla?

Pray for me tomorrow. I want my last day to be a happy one. I want to leave with a smile on my face - not in hand cuffs for killing the person who stepped on my last nerve. Grace - that's it! I need grace! Pray hard - on a good day, grace is a tough one for me!

2 comments:

southernjoy said...

You prayed for {p}'s first day of school, and I'm praying for your last. How funny is that?!?

Remember, you can always visit, and when you leave you won't have to take work home with you!

DrW said...

How true! Thank you for reminding me. The Circle of Life goes on and it is beautiful! God has always prepared me for the next step. Why would He stop now?