Tuesday, May 6, 2008

The Face of a Genius



In the aftermath of the ongoing struggle of rodent vs. PhD, with PhD consistently being way behind rodent, I have decided to adopt Albert (Einstein, get it?) this Mother's Day. My Killer Guard Dog and I discussed it and he agrees. He's looking forward to a rodent sibling with this kind of intellect.

I have spent plenty of money over the years to feed and enjoy the wildlife in my back yard. Albert here came along last year and has changed everything. Not only does he enjoy eating the food, he also enjoys deconstructing the feeders and then finally just eating them. You will see him in the Albert section of my blog if you click on his category. (He ate two of those acorn feeders...)

This photo shows my Albert today with his new steel feeder that the Wild Bird Center told me he could not eat - lifetime guarantee against squirrel damage. It even used to have a handy easy-open bottom for fast, easy clean-up. None of us expected how quickly Albert would learn to enjoy the handy easy-open bottom. Of course, when he opened the bottom, the nuts went to the ground and there was joy in Squirrelville! And once he did it, the easy-open feature had to go. So Tim, Mr. Wild Bird Center, added a bolt and screws that he thinks Albert cannot deconstruct. That was mighty nice of Tim, but my bet's on Albert!

Stay tuned! Since he's my second son, I'm mighty proud!

1 comment:

southernjoy said...

Smart critter!

Hey - not long left for you at all!!! Are you excited?