Sunday, February 1, 2009

I'm Baking - Scripture Cake

Almost lost my religion because I didn't wait until the butter was soft enough - but we'll see. They're in the oven. I made four mini loaves. Here's the recipe:

Ingredients:1 cup Judges 5:25 last clause (butter)
1 cup Jeremiah 6:20 (sugar)
1 tablespoon I Samuel 14:25 (honey)
3 Jeremiah 17:11 (eggs)
1 cup I Samuel 30:12 second food (raisins)
1 cup Nahum 3:12 (dried figs), chopped
1/4 cup Numbers 17:8 (almonds), roasted and chopped
2 cups 1 Kings 4:22 (flour)
II Chronicles 9:9 (spices, such as cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice)
Pinch of Leviticus 2:13 (salt)
1 teaspoon Amos 4:5 (leavener, such as baking soda)
3 tablespoons Judges 4:19 last sentence (milk)

Cream first 3 ingredients. Beat in the 3 Jeremiahs (eggs), one at a time. Add next 3 ingredients and beat again. Sift together Kings (flour), II Chronicles (spices), Leviticus (salt), and Amos (leavener, or baking soda). Add to first mixture. Lastly add Judges (milk.) Bake at 325 degrees for 1-1/2 hours, or until done. If using foil mini pans, bake at 350 for 35-40 minutes, until done.

2 comments:

southernjoy said...

Glad you're back... you've been gone awhile!

DrW said...

You're right! I'll do better!